EIT - European Institute of Innovation and Technology is the Europe's largest public-private innovation partnership with 6 verticals: Climate, Digital, Food, Health, InnoEnergy and Raw Materials. EIT network is composed of dynamic companies, the best academic institutions, and the public sector.
EIT Food main mission is to support innovative and economically sustainable initiatives which improve our health, our access to quality food and our environment.
Being part of the EIT Food, BGI has been tasked to develop and facilitate projects that have an impact on EIT Food's goals.
EIT Food Government Executive Academy
- workshops focused on real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players and actual needs of industry and customers
- lectures offering insights into the complexity of food system, state-of-the-art technologies and innovations developed by the agri-food industry
- highly interactive learning program based on case-studies and real-life examples
- working with European experts in agri-food industry and innovation management
- participants do not pay tuition fee and have travel and personal costs reimbursed (up to the level of €1,000 gross refunded in accordance with EIT/Horizon 2020 rules)
- excellent opportunities to build an international network of policy‐makers working on the agri-food related Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3), exchanging experiences to continuously improve the national and regional policies.
You will be part of a cohort of 39 government representatives from 13 RIS countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey) involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) related to agri-food industry or in defining regulatory policies related to agri-food industry. During the Academy, you will meet government executives, directors, managers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry, non-governmental sector, European institutions and media.
You can expect
The Academy will supply you with expert knowledge on challenges faced by the global agri-food industry, state-of-the-art technologies relevant to the contemporary food system and best practices in innovation management. With our guests and experts from the field, you can expect to strengthen the innovation eco-systems in your country, increase the internationalisation of your country’s agri-food companies and increase success rates of new product launches to leverage the benefits of public funding distributed for Research & Innovations. You will also have an opportunity to share good practices, benefit from lessons learned of other countries and participate in an international network of policy experts involved in the updates of RIS3 and the development of the future operational programs based on European Structural and Investment Funds, 2021–2027.
- Be involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) related to agri-food industry or in defining regulatory policies related to agri-food industry in her or his country
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in public policy development on a regional or national level
- Have a leadership potential which means she or he has a track record in coordinating projects or contributing to new initiatives in RIS3
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and willingness to share her or his knowledge with other participants of the EIT Food GEA
- Bring diversity. We strongly encourage applications from various geographical regions submitted by specialists in multiple fields.
The application deadline is 20 September 2018.
The Academy is delivered by University of Warsaw, EIT Food CLC North-East and EIT Food CLC South with a group of industrial partners: Colruyt, Givaudan, Maspex, PepsiCo and Siemens.
Name: Frank Hysa
Organisation: Satean Foundation
EIT Food RIS Awareness Day
Date: September 20th
Agenda: More information including t will be made available in due course.
Please confirm your participation by sending an email to:
Name: Frank Hysa
Organisation: Satean Foundation
EIT Food Innovation Grants & Demo Day
Phase 1: Submission of ideas
Interested candidates must submit their application here www.f6s.com/innovationgrants until the 30th of September
Phase 2: Application Review
The applications will be scored by a panel of judges. The ten startups with the highest scores all be invited to Romania EIT Food DemoDay.
Phase 3: EIT Food Demo Day
This will be an open start-up networking event, where selected applicants will present their idea in a form of 3 min pitch presentation + 2 min Q&A part in front of a selected jury who will pose questions and will rate the performances based on specific criteria.
This event will bring together investors, corporates, start-ups and entrepreneurs working in the Food industry at Galati on the 13th of November
- 1st prize is €10,000
- 2nd prize is €5,000
- Making the food supply chain more sustainable and efficient - from farm to fork;
- Developing innovative food products that fill a gap in the market and help consumers lead healthier lives;
- Building trust in the food system through improving traceability, food safety and increasing consumers access to information;
- - Applicants must be a citizen and/or resident in Romania;
- - Applicants cannot have received more than 60,000 Euros from EIT Food and its other programmes to support agrifood startups/entrepreneurs.
- - Only candidates who submit a complete application, answering all the questions on the platform will be evaluated by the reviewers for the second stage of the competition – EIT Food Demo Day.
If you are one of the ten startups with the highest scores from each you will be invited to pitch at EIT Food Demo Day, at Galati, on the 13th of November.